Tuesday, October 03, 2006

WAKEBOARDING

I went wakeboarding at Matsushima last week. I know summer's over and it's not exactly 'hot' outside but it was my only chance this year. A Scottish friend Keiran has a boat license so a couple of times last year we rented a boat and some gear for the day. Last year we went twice. We were pretty clueless and spent most of our time swallowing mouthfulls of (delicious) Japanese seawater and swimming to the point were the board had been ripped off our feet. However, it's not too different to snowboarding (once you figure out how to get up on your feet) so by my third time (this year) it had become a lot of fun.Below are a few photos. The pink hat was an attempt to prevent my acute bronchitis getting any worse. I wasn't just 'tryin to be cool'. Honestly :o) And my lame attempt at 'big' air.

Giving two fingers to the Bronchitis with the security of my pink hat. (NB. Please note colour co-ordination of the shorts, hat and nail polish).
Below I am sporting the classic Japanese hairstyle. Don't know what it's called but it's a must for all wakeboarders this season (or so Wakeboard Japan Magazine says, okay). Here's me 'givin it the welly' in the boat whilst Yamauichi does his stuff.

And here's Mike cruising to the backdrop of Matsushima's oyster farms.

No comments: