Tuesday, October 17, 2006

MY OWN PRIVATE GYM

Living in the sticks certainly has it downsides. Especially if you’re young and single with an inclination to party once in a while. However, being the only foreigner in a tiny place like Uguisuzawa also has many benefits. I cannot count how many times people have went out of there way to make my life easier here. And I've received more special treatment than anyone I know. Of course this puts me under pressure to be a good boy and respectable resident, but luckily I'm naturally inclined towards being that type of person anyway and thus have no problems. In fact neither the local police, fire brigade, or any other emergengy services, not to mention my neighbours, have ever had to reprimand me (in Englsih) for anything.
A recent example of the generousity of my superiors is shown above and below. I now have my own gym. Following my bout with Bronchitis I lost a bit of weight. I want to put it back on before winter comes. However, the nearest gym is in the next town and the opening hours are not great. I recently seen some old wieights in one of the halls at the Community Centre during a Bonsai tree exhibition. Asking about these weights I soon found I had been granted access to my own gym with weight bench, training machines, and even a full size gym (with stage) if I fancy some one-man basketball (or performing a one-man play). No one else uses this equipment, it's been left from a time when this town was busier. So from now on I can hit MY GYM after work for half an hour or so. And even if I choose to never go, I can still rest in the knowledge that I truly am special :o)




No comments: