Wednesday, April 30, 2008

FOR YOUR HEALTH

There are a bunch of these little wagons around Cuzco late at night selling a delicious smelling drink. I never knew what they were and, with my bad Spanish, was shy to ask. But last night on the way home from work I did. To be honest I didn't really understand much of what she said, but I did catch "It's for your health", and "herbs". I asked for a glass and she poured solutions of different herbs from four or five bottles into a large glass before topping it up with a hot steaming tea-like liquid from the main urn. Finally she added a clear liquid from yet another bottle, which caused the whole infusion to turn into an almost jelly-like state. It was hot and sweet and tasted really great. Perfect on a cold Cuzco night, and cheaper than whiskey.

No comments: