Tuesday, May 06, 2008

MY FAVOURITE CLASS

In my time at the Excel Language Center I taught seven different classes. They were all a lot of fun and enjoyable to teach for the most part. But my favourite class was Accelerado II, which I taught last month. Every evening it felt more like I was going to hang out with friends than teach a class. And despite the class being beginner level, all of the eight students had quite a high level of spoken English allowing us to talk about some very interesting topics and even tell jokes.Our last class together was on Wednesday and they took me out for dinner afterwards. We had a delicious meal and wine in a typical Peruvian chicken restaurant. I felt really luck and flattered that they all came since each of them are working as well as studying and some of them even have families to take care of. And to make the night even more remarkable; before we ate each of the students gave a short speech in English telling me I was a good teacher and a special boy and really sweet things like that. Then we went to a nice bar for some beer and live blues. It was really great and I feel very lucky to have taught and known such nice people.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mark
thank you for your nice comments
All will miss you greatly and will be our best teacher and also a great friend
good luck on your trip
carolina