Saturday, May 24, 2008

ALLIGATOR FOOD

On the pampas tour we saw literally hundreds of alligators and black caimens. Our guide told us we could swim in the water no problem because only those bigger than four metres would consider attacking humans and they´ve only seen five that size in the last year "so don´t worry". Usually I would be scared to swim in a river like this, but felt reassured by our guides confidence (although the others didn´t) and regularly got in for long refreshing dips.He also reassured me before diving in that the piranhas will only attack me if I'm bleeding, which I wasn´t, so there was really "no need to worry".But I must admit it was quite frightening when you could see alligators on the banks when you swam. And even more scary to turn around again and see they were gone.

No comments: