Monday, October 12, 2009

INDOOR CLIMBING KOREA

When little brother was here he convinced me to take him an indoor climbing wall. Despite my passion for indoor climbing and bringing my equipment to Korea, I had yet to be to a wall. I had that one bad outdoor experience (see blog post), but apart from that, my shoes lay sleeping in the back of my closet.
But Ronan's enthusiasm was contagious and, along with a keen Korean buddy, we found a wall not too far from where I live.
It was a great way to spend the evening. Possibly the cleanest wall I've ever seen, well maintained and not too busy. And my coworker, David, despite it being his first time, was super enthusiastic and picked it up really quick. It was also awesome (and enfuriating) to see how much Ronan has progressed in the last year, while I've grown soft and weak :(
Hopefully we'll get back there again.
[Ronan; showing us how it's done.][David; already looking like a pro.]

1 comment:

getting skinny with you tube said...

Where is that wall located? Have been looking in Seoul for a nice indoor gym that has some height. Also what are the costs and such?