Tuesday, October 20, 2009

BOXING: FIRST WEEK

Just when I thought things couldn't get any worse.... My first boxing class was on Tuesday. Despite the leg pain, I went again on Thursday where I got my shoulders slapped, feet kicked, and my own fist pushed against my face whenever I dropped my guard.
Saturday however was the icing on the cake (I hope). Although our 'master' hasn't taught me to punch or even defend myself yet, he asked if I wanted to spar a couple of rounds with him in the ring. Of course I thought I'd look weak if I declined so I 'enthusiastically' agreed. I jokingly told my friend to tell him in Korean not to break my nose. To which my friend laughed and said not to worry, he's just going to slap me around a bit. HA! Thirty seconds later blood was running down my nose. He caught me with a straight across the bridge of my nose. After a bit of towel work from my corner I was good to go again and managed to finish the first round giving him a cut lip. Second round I took another hammering, but not too many to the nose (he focused on my beer belly this time). To be honest, by the end of the second round I could hardly breath or defend myself so was mostly just taking shots and trying not to whine too much. And as hard as it was, I took a lot of pleasure seeing the bllod on his teeth when he took out his mouth piece, though I have a feeling I might pay dearly for that next time :(

[Photo: Don't worry, I'm still pretty ;)]

No comments: