Sunday, June 10, 2007

HIKING PHOTOS

I went for a solo hike yesterday. I climbed Kurikoma-san (the mountain near my town) again. Although the weather at the top was terrible it was nice on the way up. I took a few snaps.

The path behind me.
The path ahead of me.
Harsh winter. The remainder of a sign after a long frozen winter.
Colours and patterns on the path caused by the hot spring waters (I think :o))
Mountains and clouds.
Still snow. June 9th and there was still tonnes of snow near the top. These poles mark where the path usually is. Very helpful when the mist gets dense.
After the cold wet hike I went to my favourite hot spring, Kurikoma Sanso, to warm up.Note: This photo of Kurikoma Sanso is from http://www.akitakurikoma.com/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey mark! nice pictures! the last pic, though, i really thought you had snuck in your camera to the women's onsen...;)

Mark Barr said...

Haha, yeah Mydene, you know me.
Actually most of those stories about me sneaking into the womens changing rooms are untrue, believe it or not. And by the way, this is the mens baths (check out the bald head, etc), haha.