Sunday, June 28, 2009

DOCTOR FISH

[Mijong and Michelle getting a pre-fish-feeding-foot-wash (luckily for the fish)]

There's a little cafe near my work that I like to go sometimes. It's called the Tree Shade Cafe (sounds much cooler in Korean). It's nice and chilled; real laid back, which is an unusual find for this (financial) part of Seoul.They have 'doctor fish' there. I don't know if that's the real term for them, but it's what Koreans say. I heard that the real ones come from Europe, but that here in Korea they're 'fakes' from China, haha. Anyway, I've been a few times and it's always fun. [Me, the doctor fish expert, showing complete control and no fear (in this photo at least)]This time I went with two former students. It's much more fun having catching up while these fish eat the dead skin off your feel that just over coffee.
Both girls, Michelle and Mijong, put on brave faces, but inevitably ended up screaming the cafe down. I on the other hand, being the experienced one, only did one girly shriek right at the beginning, and then used my powers of meditation to overcome the strange ticklish-biting of the fish until eventually it became enjoyable, and later on, even relaxing.
[The girls putting on a brave face (which lasted less than one second!][The girls showing their true colors: fear and weakness!]

No comments: