Tuesday, May 13, 2014

NEWS FLASH

So, big changes in my life. After only two months on the postgrad dietetics an nutrition course at UCT, I dropped out. It was just too stressful, my biochemistry and physiology background weren't strong enough to keep up, and it wasn't enjoyable. The course itself and the teachers were amazing, but I bit off more than I could chew attempting such an intensive degree after so long out of education.

So about a month ago I quit. But I didn't want to go home right away, so I'm staying in Cape Town for a while. I took a road trip along the beautiful Garden Route. Then I went to Afrikaburn festival which was absolutely fascinating. And now I work as a barman in a wonderful hostel called Ashanti Lodge. I will stay here until August when I will return to Ireland for my little brother's wedding. I have no idea what the new few months will hold, but I'll try making updates here about my experiences.

No comments: